USA Grants Banner

I am from Africa. Can I get help too?

asked 2017-05-03 03:51:02 -0800

veronica gravatar image

updated 2017-05-08 21:50:28 -0800

Trudi gravatar image

I am a widow. My husband died May 2015 and the the time he died I was one month pregnant and my first daughter was three years old.

I am left with nothing because my husband's relatives took almost everything. My life is tough. I have no hope. I just want help to have a small house.

I am from Africa. Can I get help too?

edit retag flag offensive close merge delete

1 answer

Sort by » oldest newest most voted

answered 2017-05-03 15:20:22 -0800

Tina gravatar image

If you live in the United States it may be possible for you to receive help. Take a look at this guide to and complete the questionnaire they provide. That will tell you if there are benefits for which you qualify and tell you how to apply. 

If you live in Africa I don't know of any way that you can obtain US government support. There are non-profits like the International Justice Mission that works around the world to protect and support people like you who are widows and have had property seized by relatives. They have offices in many spots in Africa and focus specifically on "property grabbing" in Gulu, Uganda and Kampala, Uganda. Look for a local office near you and share your information.

edit flag offensive delete link more