USA Grants Banner

Are there grants for upgrading a home for two disabled people?

asked 2017-04-30 17:10:23 -0700

Mona Jackson gravatar image

updated 2017-05-01 20:51:07 -0700

Monty gravatar image

Our home isn't up to date or even disabled efficient. This is an older home that went threw the August, 2016 floods in Louisiana. All sub-flooring, floor joices, plywood floor in carpets and linoleum must be removed and replaced due to the flooding. All the floor is really weak and falling through in the home which makes it unsafe really to live in but we haven't any other place go. Are there grants for upgrading a home for two disabled people?

edit retag flag offensive close merge delete

1 answer

Sort by » oldest newest most voted

answered 2017-05-03 15:38:24 -0700

Monty gravatar image

It certainly sounds like you would qualify for the Restore Louisiana Homeowner Assistance Program. Learn more about it here:

The first step required is to fill out a survey. You can connect tot he survey using a link on the page noted above, or you can go directly to it at

If you would rather complete the survey by telephone call 866-735-2001. They are available Monday through Saturday from 7 am to 7 pm.

edit flag offensive delete link more

Your Answer

Please start posting anonymously - your entry will be published after you log in or create a new account.

Add Answer