USA Grants Banner

Is there a grant to pay for someone to build me a wheelchair ramp?

asked 2017-04-04 06:00:15 -0700

MissShaaye gravatar image

updated 2017-04-10 20:53:08 -0700

Trudi gravatar image

I have suffered with degenerative disk disease for over 17 years and have to use a wheelchair to go or do anything. The mobile home park that I live in will not build a wheelchair ramp onto my mobile home. This has caused a hardship for my family and I since I can not lift or carry my wheelchair down the steps to the ground. If I were awarded a grant to build a wheelchair ramp. I would have someone build it for me and take some of the money and use it to set up a small foundation to help others in the same situation.

edit retag flag offensive close merge delete

1 answer

Sort by » oldest newest most voted

answered 2017-04-04 11:24:49 -0700

Tim gravatar image

You should be able to find a helpful resource on the government site regarding benefits and services for the disabled. Click here for a good review that explains how best to use that site. If that site is no longer available (we're not sure what happened to it!) you will be redirected to a site that provides information about resources for the disabled.

If you live in the country there may be a repair and rehapilitation grant available to you through the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). Check out their website and also contact the nearest Housing Development Agency. If they can't help you directly they should be able to give you a referral or more information about where to look for help.


edit flag offensive delete link more

Your Answer

Please start posting anonymously - your entry will be published after you log in or create a new account.

Add Answer