USA Grants Banner

Is there help to pay for my technical school?

asked 2015-10-21 13:28:28 -0800

ledonna gravatar image

updated 2015-11-30 16:07:21 -0800

James gravatar image

I want to attend a welding technical school but they don't take FAFSA. Is there anywhere else I can look?

edit retag flag offensive close merge delete

2 answers

Sort by » oldest newest most voted

answered 2015-10-23 10:35:08 -0800

Daniel gravatar image

I'm surprised to hear that there is a technical school that doesn't "accept fafsa".  If it means they are not approved by the Department of Education to recieve the types of aid you can qualify for by completing the FAFSA, you might want to reconsider whether it's a legitimate school.

Typically you fill out the FAFSA on an official government site (you don't send it to your school), and if your income qualifies you could get an actual grant of more than $5700 -- and technical schools are eligible places to use these Pell Grants.  Other than that option the best place to get good information about aid your school will accept is through their finance office.

edit flag offensive delete link more

answered 2015-11-26 03:50:09 -0800

Advoc8 gravatar image

updated 2015-11-30 16:04:39 -0800

Webmaster gravatar image

Agree with Daniel.  Every trade school should either be connected into Workforce Development which is actual a Labor Commission. Grant,  or the school should have some type of Government Funding of its own,  if it has neither u may really want to not waist you time and money on a Vocational Skill that has no oversight Body,  I say this because every State Accredited,  Private Institution,  or even an ivy League college has to be contracted with the Dept.  Of Education who oversees the FAFSA process along with the IRS. Also what's wrong with your local Welding Union??? In AZ Carpentry,  Masonry (what I went to trade school for at least that's what I call WHAT I learned in the Army, but seriously between Electric,  Dept.  O f Transpirtation Vocational CDL-A,  Dept.  Of Highway Safety,  Dept.  OF Vocational Rehabilitation,  and all the Unions out here it sounds like u may be getting played.  Unions are free to join,  once u r trained to their Labor Standards and you can pass a test and u don't need to take a break every hr they pay for the months of some of the best instruction in each Trade and u don't have to worry abounding out of work that's what Union does are for to keep you on your feet during the slow times.  Join a Union,  when a spot opens you have to show them u are willing to learn whatever they say,  bust ure ass for a few months and you will end up having a "crew" I side and outside of work for the rest of the time you want to weld.  Las but my favorite path is to do FAFSA at an accredited program the Community College,  they have Certifications if u wanna learn in depth about the trade before stepping into work or if you want to become a specialized Welder like strictly Commercial, Scuba Welding on the Oil RiggoHugBoats,  of you just want to learn all the different techniques and have so. E cushion to Maspeth trade so u can bartering who. Even decide to work foCommunitty College a e to be the best best thing at least that's what I did and transfered straight to ASU kept GPA up and am now in my Masters Program and working full time job in Case Management/addiction field,  agency throws a day and half paid to e off at us every paycheck we sign so each year I am able to save,  bounce to Spain for a month and travel thru Europe if I did well at conserving my cash flow or take side jobs.  Once I become a Therapist I am looking for an Executive position as I have been with the particular Treatment Agency for over 6 years and was a Supervisor before I had to take a year hiatus dutback surgery from a fall when I was veneer in a massivpilaon scaffolds as a side job to pull ... (more)

edit flag offensive delete link more