USA Grants Banner

Are there any grants available to repair a historical home?

asked 2015-09-08 16:28:28 -0800

Trudy gravatar image

updated 2015-09-09 16:05:00 -0800

Nancy gravatar image

This is a home built in 1905, it desperately needs a new roof and painting. We are trying to keep the interior up to date but the electrical wiring could use some updating. Where do I find these grants to help with the upkeep of the house?

edit retag flag offensive close merge delete

1 answer

Sort by » oldest newest most voted

answered 2015-09-09 16:12:14 -0800

Marie gravatar image

Trudy I'm happy to tell you that there actually are some grants to maintain historical buildings. The not so good news is that many of them go only to non-profit organizations rather than to individuals. There is however a tax incentive called a "Conservation Easement" that is available of all places from the National Parks Service. I don't know if it would be helpful to you but this article is a good place to start. Good luck! You might also check some of the answers to other questions on this site about "home repair."



edit flag offensive delete link more


Thank you for your response.

Trudy ( 2015-09-12 11:19:30 -0800 )edit