USA Grants Banner

Grant to help pay mortgage payment and not lose home to foreclosure

asked 2015-08-23 13:16:46 -0800

Lmp831 gravatar image

updated 2015-08-25 09:14:26 -0800

Nancy gravatar image

My husband is considered disabled but we only receive medicaid, no other financial assistance. We are two months behind and will lose our home without help.

edit retag flag offensive close merge delete

1 answer

Sort by » oldest newest most voted

answered 2015-08-25 09:21:48 -0800

Keith gravatar image

So sorry to hear of your troubles. If you are two months behind in your payment it's important that you speak to a housing counselor as soon as possible. You can find one in your area by calling 800-569-4287 (for the Department of Housing and Urban Development). You can also find an explanation and timeline here for what happens when you miss payments and what you should do next. It's important that you speak to a counselor and get some good, objective advice before you miss a third payment.

edit flag offensive delete link more