USA Grants Banner

Is there a personal grant for emergency shut off of electricity?

asked 2015-06-30 13:28:53 -0800

jaig gravatar image

updated 2015-07-07 20:27:06 -0800

Tena gravatar image

My name is Jai Gonzalez and I am facing my utilities being shut off. By tomorrow. Or at the earliest even today. I am at my limit and have no idea what to do or where to start. There are three kids in the home, someone with diabetes, and a senior citizen. I am afraid that we will be without power very soon... I need as much help as possible. The bill is 194 dollars. Also i live in Douglas County Oregon

edit retag flag offensive close merge delete

1 answer

Sort by » oldest newest most voted

answered 2015-07-04 11:45:12 -0800

Daniel gravatar image

updated 2015-07-07 20:26:41 -0800

Webmaster gravatar image

So sorry for your predicament. There are assistance programs for utilities and crisis help in some counties --- for as long as funding is available. For Douglas County in Oregon you should call either 541-492-3553 or 1-800-301-8226 x 3535 to see if you can get some "crisis assistance".  

Since you have a senior citizen in the household please also see the article Grants for Seniors for more potential resources.

edit flag offensive delete link more