USA Grants Banner

Help for a place to live

asked 2015-06-29 13:32:26 -0800

leeb gravatar image

updated 2015-07-04 11:46:51 -0800

Nancy gravatar image

Hello my family is in dire need of help. We are being evicted from our house on July 16th due to foreclosure. I am working but it was never enough. What kind of help can I get?

edit retag flag offensive close merge delete

1 answer

Sort by » oldest newest most voted

answered 2015-07-04 12:02:28 -0800

Daniel gravatar image

Hi leeb. Have spoken with a HUD (Housing & Urban Development Department) counselor for advice and assistance? They offer specialized counseling regarding avoiding foreclosure and it is free. Call 1-800-569-4287 to find a HUD-approved Housing Counseling Agency you can talk to.   Be sure to ask if the HAMP program might be possible for you - this is the Home Affordable Modification Program which can reduce your mortgage payments by as much as 40%.

If you do lose the home and need help please also check out this araticle about Grants for Housing.

edit flag offensive delete link more


The house is already gone.I said this already

leeb ( 2015-07-05 08:26:40 -0800 )edit