USA Grants Banner

I need help finding grants for full time students with felonies on their record.

asked 2015-05-02 00:54:18 -0800

paulwcharris1 gravatar image

updated 2015-05-06 18:24:04 -0800

Nancy gravatar image

I am a 40 year old male trying to start over after 7+years in prison. I start school in May but need a stable living situation. My Pell Grant will cover tuition and help with a cheap car but I need help with rent. I live and work in Fort Collins, Colorado and it is not cheap.

edit retag flag offensive close merge delete

1 answer

Sort by » oldest newest most voted

answered 2015-05-06 18:27:47 -0800

Adria gravatar image

First Paul congratulations on working to turn your life around. Great news that you were able to get  a Pell Grant!

One of the best places for you to start looking for additional financial assistance is with the financial aid office at your school. They don't just  work with federal financial aid but also are aware of many different programs and scholarships --- and you might qualify for some of them. Also take a look at local classified ads, Craig's List, and local church, supermarket and coffee shop bulletin boards to see if someone might be looking for a boarder in exchange for some off jobs.

Stay positive and good luck!

edit flag offensive delete link more