USA Grants Banner

i am disabled and on ss less tan 700 a month. Is there any help out there for me?

asked 2015-04-16 08:36:52 -0800

billie gravatar image

updated 2015-04-18 16:12:50 -0800

Nancy gravatar image

i am disabled l and living on social security. I would have been able to get ssdi but I hadn't worked the 5 years before -- I just lived off savings. Big mistake.  When I turned 62 I was told I had to take my ss so now i live on $670 a month. Is there  any help for me?  Thank you.

edit retag flag offensive close merge delete

1 answer

Sort by » oldest newest most voted

answered 2015-04-18 16:17:52 -0800

Nathan gravatar image

updated 2015-04-18 16:20:18 -0800

Nancy gravatar image

So sorry for your troubles Billie. If the $670/month is your only income, you may be able to qualify for food stamps or other help -- contact your local community services agency to see if they can point you in the right direction. You should also definitely check out all the government support available for those who are disabled. The government's site is one of the best around but it does help to know how to use it. It gets updated every day and has lots of information to help you find local help. Check out a good review about how to get the most out of government support for disabled.

edit flag offensive delete link more