USA Grants Banner

I need a grant for a widow that would provide benefits for me and my kids.

asked 2015-03-25 08:54:07 -0800

Rose gravatar image

updated 2015-03-25 19:37:18 -0800

Nancy gravatar image

I am a widow under age 45. Is there any program that would give me a grant to provide benefits for me and my children?



edit retag flag offensive close merge delete

1 answer

Sort by » oldest newest most voted

answered 2015-03-25 19:43:42 -0800

Joanne gravatar image

Yes Rose, there actually are a number of programs that provide assistance to widows and their children.

A first step would be to contact Social Security and make sure you are getting the maximum financial benefits you are entitled to. You can call them but probably want to set up an appointment with a human being to review your case and get you some help. There are also other government programs as well as some private foundations that offer help to widows with kids. Fortunately someone has already done a lot of research on this and reviews a number of options in two articles:  one is about basic help for widows with children and the other (which gives you more detail about working with Social Security) is on more resources and options for widows with children.

edit flag offensive delete link more

Question tools

1 follower


Asked: 2015-03-25 08:54:07 -0800

Seen: 348 times

Last updated: Mar. 25, '15