USA Grants Banner

I need help! Grants for utilities? Compensation for renters?

asked 2015-03-19 20:16:17 -0800

Mary shelby gravatar image

updated 2015-03-25 19:11:24 -0800

Nancy gravatar image

I am 57 years old and I'm in bad health. I take in renter to earn my income but I get screwed every time. I haven't had electricity nor water for 4 weeks now. I need your help to survive, please.

I'm good to people and help them out any way I can but I've finally learned that I am just being used and disrespected and I hurt all the time. I cannot find any help with the electric and water bill anywhere. I am cold and sick and tired of being not paid and doing without the bare necessities of life. I am all alone in this world with no family and no friends. I can't really believe there is such a thing as a friend cause I haven't found one yet. I've just had everything stolen and sold for their own purpose. I have no hope so please help me believe there really is help out there.

I have no options at this critical point. I need financial assistance immediately. I'm very sick and have a hard time living alone and doing all the renters work for nothing. The police are going to throw me in jail if it isn't paid now. I need some compassionate help really fast. Please, begging, help me please.

edit retag flag offensive close merge delete


I'm going through it too! But I had to make a stand, and stopped inviting those Devils into my home. They've set me up to fight 2 cases for over 5 years, an yet still try to get back up in here. It is gonna cost me at least 3,500 to get my rent caught up, not to mention, 276.00 PGE, 100.00 water & g

KEPT IN SHADOWS ( 2016-01-07 14:40:48 -0800 )edit

1 answer

Sort by » oldest newest most voted

answered 2015-03-25 19:21:54 -0800

Joanne gravatar image

Mary I am so sorry to hear about your troubles. This site can only provide information and I hope I can help steer you in the right direction. Here are some steps I would recommend you take:

1.  See if there is a Salvation Army or a Community Services Agency in your area. Go and talk to them and explain your situation and they can probably give you some temporary help directly or at least refer you to someone or some organization that can.

2. Find a church if you don't already have one and talk to a pastor there. Sometimes they have some discretionary funds they can use to help people who need immediate, temporary help. And they also can provide referrals to others who can help --- or even help you to manage your renters. It's a good place to find a friend --- and to be reminded you are never alone. I'm serious when I say that prayer makes a difference...

3. Be sure you are getting all the government benefits to which you are entitled. You can fill out a questionnaire about yourself and your situation and find out all the benefits that are available to you --- and you might be surprised at what you learn!

4. Call your utility company and explain your situation! They usually have special programs for those in need and may be able to help with your bills.

I'm afraid there's no magic here --- it will take some effort but there should be some help out there for you.

edit flag offensive delete link more