USA Grants Banner

Are there grants for home modifications to create an independent dwelling for our 19 year old Autistic son?

asked 2015-03-01 10:11:48 -0700

StacyL gravatar image

updated 2015-03-03 17:20:33 -0700

Webmaster gravatar image

Our son is non-verbal Autistic and is 19 years old, we would like to make modifications to our home to create an apartment for him so he has his own dwelling in our home  versus placing him in other care facilities. Are there any grants available to assist with home modifications for our disabled young adult? 

edit retag flag offensive close merge delete

1 answer

Sort by » oldest newest most voted

answered 2015-03-03 08:33:09 -0700

Elizabeth gravatar image

Wow, Stacy, that's an interesting question and it sounds like a good idea! We've not seen a grant specifically like that but can suggest a couple of resources that may be able to help.

This review about the government site provides tips for using this site designed for the disabled and their caretakers. It's really well organized, very complete and updated daily so it's worth a try.

Also there is an article on a site about Grants for Kids that is specifically about grants for kids with autism. It may not deal with your specific question but may mention resources you may not have checked yet.

edit flag offensive delete link more

Your Answer

Please start posting anonymously - your entry will be published after you log in or create a new account.

Add Answer