USA Grants Banner

How do I get grants to continue education in healthcare field?

asked 2017-01-06 05:52:57 -0800

Abigail gravatar image

updated 2017-01-09 16:50:27 -0800

Daniel gravatar image

I am a 55 year old caucasian woman with an LPN license that I have maintained since 2002. I have worked and raised my children and now that I no longer have children at home I have time for more education but not the financing for it. Many of my co-workers, young mothers, are returning to school with grants for RN and higher programs, but I find that i cannot afford to pay for this on my own. Please help! I love being a caregiver, but many employers are no longer willing to hire for the LPN positon and instead are looking for RN and higher licenses. How do I get grants to continue education in healthcare field?

edit retag flag offensive close merge delete

1 answer

Sort by » oldest newest most voted

answered 2017-01-19 15:18:40 -0800

Daniel gravatar image

You may be able to get a grant or scholarship to help cover your costs. There are some private grants that are aimed at older women who are going to school to improve or change their careers. You can find out more about these and other grants for women here.

You should also check your state's website and find the section on Grants. They may offer some special programs created to attract more people to the nursing profession. 

edit flag offensive delete link more