USA Grants Banner

Are there any grants to help stop foreclosure in California?

asked 2015-02-18 13:25:34 -0800

74Azuritecircle gravatar image

updated 2015-02-18 15:23:15 -0800

Therese gravatar image

My father left his home for the family. It's already paid for in full. But I am late for HOA dues and they have started foreclosure. I need assistance to stop this foreclosure, alowing me time to clear the title. Are there any grants to stop foreclosure in California?

edit retag flag offensive close merge delete

1 answer

Sort by » oldest newest most voted

answered 2015-02-24 11:27:44 -0800

Susan gravatar image

The answer to your question depends a lot on your situation, personal income level, and more. Assuming that you want to keep the home rather than sell it, your best bet is to take a look at This is a non-profit that was created and is managed by the state of California to assist homeowners faced with losing their home. There are many different programs and services they offer —- start with their brief quiz that determines whether you are a candidate for their help. I don’t think their assistance is in the form of a “grant” that never needs to be paid back, but more like a lien that is not due unless or until you sell the home. But take a look at the website and see if you’re eligible, or give them a call at 1-888-954-5337. It may not technically be a “grant” but I think it’s the closest thing you’ll find! (And watch our for scam artists — the real Keep Your Home California folks will never ask you to pay a fee for their assistance!

edit flag offensive delete link more