USA Grants Banner

Is there a grant out there for finishing school?

asked 2016-11-22 17:50:23 -0800

Lynn gravatar image

updated 2016-11-29 15:34:40 -0800

Heather gravatar image

I am a 45 year old woman. I would like to go take college classes. I want to become a nurse, caregiver, or elderly help but I seem to be stuck with my GED. I can't get the money to pay for it and I can't start college without the GED. I'm stuck in between a rock and a hard spot. Is there a grant out there for finishing school?

edit retag flag offensive close merge delete

1 answer

Sort by » oldest newest most voted

answered 2016-11-30 08:27:40 -0800

Heather gravatar image

We certainly need more nurses and caregivers! I would recommend a couple of possibilities:

- Contact the financial aid office of a GED school or training program and see if they can refer you to some resources for financial assistance. States do receive block grants from the Department of Education so that they can provide GED courses so there could be some funds available where you live.

- Take a look at this article about Grants for Women. Scroll down to the section about some assistance programs for schooling. One of them is a Women's Scholarship Fund that specifically targets women over 35 who are trying to go back to school.

edit flag offensive delete link more