USA Grants Banner

Is there housing help for single mom and abuse survivor?

asked 2016-07-26 09:10:56 -0800

Tfunny4u gravatar image

updated 2016-07-26 17:22:06 -0800

Nancy gravatar image

How do I find a grant for a domestic abuse survivor? I am in counseling with doctors. I have had 3 surgeries a to try to fix my arm which was broken in 2013. I have applied for SSI and had 3 denials. I need help finding a place. I live off of 94 dollars a week in child support

edit retag flag offensive close merge delete

1 answer

Sort by » oldest newest most voted

answered 2016-07-26 17:25:44 -0800

Susan gravatar image

So sorry. I don't know where you are located but many states have programs specifically for abuse survivors. Check your state's website and also contact your local housing authority -- they provide housing counseling free of charge. You should also call the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-SAFE. They may be able to provide help directly or to direct you to resources in your area. You could also check with a local office of the Salvation Army and with churches in your area --- you never know when someone might know somebody and be in a position to help you.

edit flag offensive delete link more