USA Grants Banner

Are grants available for a married woman with children?

asked 2016-07-25 23:06:00 -0800

Werock23 gravatar image

updated 2016-07-26 17:37:21 -0800

Nancy gravatar image

 Are there grants available for a 37 year old woman with children? I want to go to beauty school to be a nail technician.

edit retag flag offensive close merge delete

1 answer

Sort by » oldest newest most voted

answered 2016-07-26 17:44:43 -0800

Scott gravatar image

There are definitely grants for anyone who wants to go to college OR to a vocational school or trade school! They're called Pell Grants and all you have to do is be low-income and fill out the application! This article about Pell Grants will tell you more --- and this quick Pell Grant Quiz will let you now quickly if you could qualify.

You might also so a search in your local area (state/county/city) to see if there might be grants available for "women in transition" --- i.e., those going back to school to learn a new vocation.

Best of luck to you!

edit flag offensive delete link more