USA Grants Banner

Can a disabled truck driver get help buying an RV to live in?

asked 2016-07-20 09:41:12 -0800

MAPJAY gravatar image

updated 2016-08-08 22:17:24 -0800

Jean gravatar image

I am a disabled truck driver. I'd like to buy an RV to live in. Can I get help to buy an RV to live in?

edit retag flag offensive close merge delete

1 answer

Sort by » oldest newest most voted

answered 2016-07-26 17:11:44 -0800

Marie gravatar image

I don't know of programs specifically for people such as yourfself. There are government and private programs that help people buy homes, and some of them do include "manufactued homes, which I belive could include an rv. Typically you need to have at least some money you can put down and enough income to pay for a low interest mortgage. However, don't give up before you look into it further. There may be some state or local programs in your area that could help you. I would recommend that you check out this article about grants to buy a house. It includes some information about the manufactured homes. Also In the section called "Housing Counseling" you can find out how to telephone an agency of the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and get some free couseling and advice specific to your situation and where you live. Also take a look at this guide to the goverhment's website about help for the disabled and their caregivers.

If you have a good story to tell and you're good at telling it, you might also try's a way to explain your situation and see if kind-hearted people will pitch in to help you achieve your goal. Take a look at You can also read about this and other crowdfunding platforms for personal needs here.

edit flag offensive delete link more