USA Grants Banner

How can I get help to put a home on my property?

asked 2016-07-08 12:54:17 -0800

updated 2016-07-17 21:45:09 -0800

John gravatar image

I am 47 years old and have Multiple Sclerosis. I have land that my Mom gave me. How would I go about having a cabin built on it? How can I get help to put a home on my property?

edit retag flag offensive close merge delete

1 answer

Sort by » oldest newest most voted

answered 2016-07-15 20:25:32 -0800

Ann Onomouse gravatar image

 I'm not sure if you're asking what the process would be to get the land approved or prepared to build or if you're looking for resources to weekdays facilitate financing building plans etc. 

 I would contact her town clerks office, your local zoning commission, your state department of  environmental protection ...  Contact a local builder  and have him walk you through getting the lamp hurt and who to hire to layout septic or sewer lines, electricity and decide do you want to buy a kit home or build it from the ground up 

 If you're looking for assistance with financing or labor and putting up the cabin  In general I would say contact these following agencies:  State vocational rehab agency, your County housing trust, county or regional aging & disability assistance agency, rural or urban housing assistance agenc,  County housing & development, public and private  Low or moderate housing assistance agency,  local churches and diocese, and a great resource is to contact the united way, in USA no area code required  just dial 211 .


edit flag offensive delete link more