USA Grants Banner

How do I get a grant to open a home for abused women and children?

asked 2016-06-24 18:02:12 -0700

tamz43 gravatar image

updated 2016-07-04 10:56:48 -0700

Elizabeth gravatar image

I have always had a dream to open a home for abused women and children but I don't even know where to begin or how to get the money to do so. How do I get a grant to open a home for abused women and children?

edit retag flag offensive close merge delete

1 answer

Sort by » oldest newest most voted

answered 2016-06-29 11:36:01 -0700

Nancy gravatar image

Sounds like an excellent goal tamz. 

As you acknowledge that you don't know anything about this type of project, the best place for you to start would be to visit one or two of these types of homes and speak to the people who run them. They would be able to give you first hand knowledge of what is involved, what you need to do to begin and if it may even be possible for you to do this.

If you find you have what it takes to move forward then you will need funding. To get a grant you would almost certainly need to be a certified 501 c3 non-profit organization. If not you might look around and see if you can find a non-profit in a related area and see if they might partner with you. Take a look at this guide to to learn how to search for grants you might be eligible for.

Also check your state's website and look for grants they make available to people who want to provide valuable resources to their community. 

edit flag offensive delete link more

Your Answer

Please start posting anonymously - your entry will be published after you log in or create a new account.

Add Answer