USA Grants Banner

Revision history [back]

click to hide/show revision 1
initial version

Thank you for your military service. Have you checked out the Department of Veterans Affairs website? They have resources for home loans and education that may help. Unfortunately, there aren't many grants for mortgage and utility bills. But Nevada does have the SNAP program to help feed families. Also in Nevada, recent legislation created a “mediation program” that should provide a trained mediator to you in a meeting with the bank or lending agency. Your local government (e.g. Mayor's office or local HUD office) should be able to provide you with specific phone numbers to contact. You may also consider explaining the situation to your employer and even asking for a slight deduction in pay to qualify for state assistance.